About Us

Who we are

Hsieh Counselling is committed to serving youth, adults, and families in Richmond and Vancouver, BC through competent, confidential, compassionate, and non-judgmental counselling services. We are Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC) in the province of British Columbia as well as Canadian Certified Counsellors (CCC). Both of us have experience working with children, youth, young adults, and their families. We are also able to integrate faith into therapeutic sessions if this aligns with your beliefs and worldview.

Imelda Hsieh, RCC, CCC

imelda profile

A native of Toronto, Imelda also lived in Australia and England before moving to British Columbia. Imelda’s counselling experience includes providing therapeutic services to high school students,  counselling post-secondary students at UBC, and responding to crisis calls through Distress Services of Toronto. She specializes in supporting gifted children and their families in understanding their unique social, emotional, and academic needs. With her experience as a music teacher and farm apprentice, Imelda can also integrate music and environmental elements into therapy.

Kevin Hsieh, RCC, CCC


Born in Taiwan, Kevin grew up in Richmond. A former public servant, he followed a calling to the field of counselling psychology. Kevin has served children, adults, couples, and families through the Ministry of Children and Family Development, Family Services of Greater Vancouver, in a school setting, and on the Chimo crisis line. Kevin enjoys board games and occasionally acting as a Dungeons and Dragons DM. Coupled with his love of gaming is a passion for helping youth and young adults understand their video gaming activity and develop healthy relationships with technology. Kevin believes in helping people develop truly life-giving lifestyles embedded in community.

About Registered Clinical Counsellors

The term “counsellor” is not a protected title in the province of British Columbia where we practice, which means that anyone can call themselves a counsellor (or therapist) in the province. In B.C., a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) must have met specific educational and training criteria. This usually means a master’s degree and a supervised practicum which includes clinical hours. They must also uphold stringent professional and ethical standards (these can be viewed on the website of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors).  Many extended health insurance policies cover part of or all of the costs associated with receiving services from an RCC. Please check with your insurance provider to see what services are covered.

Both Imelda and Kevin are licensed counsellors with RCC and CCC designations. Please inquire if you have any questions about extended health or other insurance coverage for RCCs and CCCs.